Tuesday, April 10, 2012

family, siblings the whole sha-bang!

So this past weekend was Easter and we got to together with a lot family. Which got me thinking about a ton of things. Like how my little family is growing! I feel like Shayne and I just got into our own routine, where most days I can keep my sanity!  That will all be changing again which is SCARY but exciting at the same time. My biggest fear is how my relationship with Shayne is going to change. She is use to being my whole world and now she is going to have to share me. Which led me to think of when my brother came along. We are 2 1/2 years apart...so really I don't remember anything about it. I just look at the pictures of how bad I was and the stories my mom tells me about how she wasn't even able to breastfeed my brother because I always needed attention. I went through and got some pictures of me and my brother to show you how much of a monster I was.
 yes I stole his toy and made him cry.
 yes that would be me with a devilish look.
 "no mom, I wasn't pinching his toes."
 I am a monster now for posting a picture of him on the toilet.
1991

 1992
 2005
2011
In a few weeks, my brother will have a baby! My baby brother will have a BABY!!! Than that got me thinking how big my family has got in the last 10 years. With my mom's side in NB we didn't see them much so our holidays were 6 family members. Mom, Dad, Grandma Smith, Auntie Missy, Mattie and Me. A Few years after my Grandma passed away my aunt met my Uncle so back to 6 we went. Than My aunt had Madison. So we got up to 7, Than Chris came into the Picture up to 8, Than Victoria 9 Than Shayne 10, Than Matthew met Tam 11, and There baby will be here 12 and ours 13. So we Double in size!

 But that is Nothing compared to Sidey's. Chris and I were doing the math and figure out that if everyone got along there would be 54 of us. 5 original siblings plus theirs spouse (10), plus their children 14 plus spouses(23), plus their children (21) and to think everyone isn't even done yet!!! Crazy right 54 people, our Christmas, Easter, thanksgiving are already huge (our small Christmas will be 15 people this year), but they are SO MUCH FUN! You never leave without having a good laugh. And watching all the cousins grow up together is a lot of fun. Well Shayne's up so my rambling is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment