Monday, August 13, 2012

Raelynn Elizabeth Sidey is Here!!!

Our second little princess came into the world on August 4th at 6:55pm. So her birthday went from 0 to 60. So I went into the hospital on friday morning thinking that I would just be getting a nonstress test. to my surprise I was being induced. I had my regular test done and than my doctor arrived and insert Gel to get my cervix to dialate. I was already at 2cm to start. I had to go back to the hospita
iv class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;">
l at 2:30 to be checked again and hopefully be in labour. Sadly I was not but they checked me and I was now at 4cm. They asked me to come back in two hours to start pitocin. went back at 4:30 and I was hooked up to it until 2:00 at which point I had reached the max dosage. I had a few contractions here and there but nothing that stayed. So we were turned off the machines and told to go to sleep and we would decided the next step in the morning. we barely slept, I ended up puking because my heart burn was so bad. I just wanted my baby. to be sitting at 6cm for so long was so discouraging. we were sent home to have a break. at 4:00 we started feeling contractions again so we headed to the hospital. I didn't want to get my hopes up to much after last night. So when I got there I was still 6cm and was hooked up for my second dose of pitocin. at 6pm I was checked again still sitting at 6cm. Before she upped my dose again I asked to go to the bathroom at 6:35pm. as I stood up I thought I peed myself or my water broke. sure enough it did. So I went to the bathroom as chris and the nurses cleaned everything up. as I was in the bathroom I felt pressure. they checked me and I was at 7cm. I started to get sick. than I really felt pressure and sure enough I was full dialated. I told them I needed something and they said all they can give me is gas. They explained I needed to breath it in during the contraction and take a deep breath of air. Well do you know how hard that is to do? I ended up throwing the mask at them and saying forget it. at that point I told them i needed to push. they told me I had to wait for the doctor and I should pant, like a dog. Well that wasn't happening. I had her head half way out when they were about to call the doctor that was in the ER. Thankfully my doctor walked in just as the rest of raelynn's head was coming out. she barely had time to get her scrub shirt on. Raelynn was out in the world at 6:55pm laying on my chest sucking on her thumb. my first thought, was this kid does not have enough hair for the amount of heartburn she caused.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to meet your new little girl! I am gonna snuggle her for hours!

    ReplyDelete